Schedule a Phone/Skype Consult
If you don’t live nearby you can still get our expert help with your health concerns by scheduling a phone or Skype consult. You get the same care and treatment you would get if you were here in person, without having to travel. Here are a few things to remember about phone and Skype visits:
- Your initial visit must be in the office to allow us to do a physical exam and other things that can only be done in person.
- Most follow up visits can be done over the phone or via Skype.
- Some, but not all, insurance will pay for phone consults. If your insurance does not cover this service, it is an out-of-pocket expense.
- In most cases our doctors can order tests for you, such as blood food allergy testing, by making arrangements with a local facility to draw blood or sending you a test kit to collect saliva or stool specimens at home. Testing can also be done at your initial, in-person visit. In some cases this testing can be billed to out of state health insurance plans.
- We are not able to prescribe prescription drugs for you unless we have seen you in our office within the past 12 months.
- If you are requesting a Skype visit, you will need to have a Skype account and an internet connection that is fast enough to support the video link.
To schedule a phone or Skype visit, please
You are also welcome to call or email us if you have questions you would like to have answered before scheduling a visit.
Our office hours are (eastern time):
|Monday||9:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM to 5:00 PM|
If your insurance doesn’t cover phone consults, we charge you $3.95 per minute. Typical follow-up consults are 10-30 minutes ($39-$118). Actual charges may be more or less, depending on the amount of time required. Payment via credit card or debit card is required at the time of service.
To schedule your phone or Skype visit by email, begin here: